Dr Reddy is a board certified General Surgeon who completed his residency from the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, Ohio. Following this, he completed a bariatric and advanced laparoscopic surgery fellowship under the renowned Drs Higa and Boone in UCSF Fresno, California (a high volume bariatric surgery program). He has additional training and experience in trauma and critical care surgery and is also board certified in General Surgery from India.
Dr. Reddy has extensive training in surgical weight loss procedures that include laparoscopic gastric bypass, sleeve and the revision of failed weight loss surgeries and last year alone has participated in over 1,150 procedures. His additional clinical interest includes diagnosis and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), esophageal motility disorders including achalasia, hiatal/para-esophageal hernias, inguinal hernia and complex ventral hernia.
He has been involved in numerous research projects in his field and has co-authored many articles and book chapters that have appeared in leading medical journals. He has also presented his research in various national and international conferences.
Dr. Reddy is now one of the leaders in Robotic SIPS Surgery in South and Central Texas.
- American Board of Surgery
Education and Training:
- Bariatric and Advanced Minimal Invasive Surgery Fellowship – UCSF Fresno, California (2016)
- General Surgery Residency – Cleveland Clinic, Ohio (2015)
- Trauma and Surgical Critical Care Fellowship – Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan (2009 & 2011)
- General Surgery Residency – Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, India (2008)
- Medical School – Mysore Medical College and Research Institute, India (2004)
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- American Society for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery